This unit will enable the learner to understand how to gain good quality spirometry testing every time – that are worthy of interpretation as per ARTP and RSF guidelines.
24 – guided learning hours
- Understand how to care and maintain spirometry equipment.
- Know how to calibrate spirometry equipment.
- Know how to prepare a patient prior to carrying out spirometry.
- Be able to obtain consistently accurate and reproducible readings.
- Be able to assess the quality of the patient’s blow.
- Be able to interpret basic graphs and figures.
This is suitable for healthcare assistants or other allied health care professionals responsible for performing objective testing on respiratory patients.
- This course will comprise of two full teaching days – which are compulsory – delivered either via Google classroom or face to face – this will be confirmed at the time of booking.
- 1 additional non-compulsory consolidation evening will also be offered.
- To achieve the OCN NI level 4 accreditation – the student must successfully complete a practical assessment and submit a portfolio of 10 readings –demonstrating excellent Grade A technique.
Course Dates to be announced.
Please register your interest using the form below: