A limited number of DOH commissioned places for practice nurses ONLY are still available. You will be advised if you are successful on registration.
- Day 1 — Wednesday 18th October 2023
- Day 2 — Wednesday 15th November 2023
- Day 3 — Wednesday 13th December 2023
- Examination — Wednesday 10th January 2024
- Resits — Wednesday 24th January 2024
- Understand the underlying pathophysiology and disease aetiology of COPD
- Understand the key elements in making a COPD diagnosis
- Understand the components of holistic assessment for the COPD patient
- Be able demonstrate the correct use of inhalers
- Be able to recommend effective pharmacological management of COPD based on current symptoms and future risk
- Understand non-pharmacological management
- Understand the criteria when to refer to Secondary care
- Four compulsory days – 3 compulsory study days – either virtual online, face to face, or a combination of both, which will be confirmed after registration, and 1 Assessment day
- 1 additional non-compulsory evening will also be offered
- In order to gain OCN NI accreditation – written, practical and e-learning assessments must be successfully achieved
- Completion of an Online module and aligned MCQ.
- Two reflective case studies – one at 6 weeks and the second at week 10. These will ask the learner to critically analyse an aspect of care that was historically provided, identifying areas for improvement as per relevant guidelines
- On the assessment day:
- True/False Questions
- Four short answer questions – where the learner will be asked to answer two
- Practical assessment – Accurate demonstration of two inhaler devices selected by the assessor
- The completion of an active practice protocol is mandatory for both asthma and COPD
Due to encryption methods on devices in the workplace, you may need to use your personal computer to access this course and the Google Classroom.
Dates not suit?
Please register your interest for the next course using the form below: